We are now offering TELEHEALTH visits!
In an effort to best serve your family, we are now offering telehealth visits for qualifying appointments. If you have a current appointment that qualifies, we will call you with instructions. If you make a new appointment and it qualifies for telehealth, you will be given instructions at that time. We do have providers available, too, to see your child if needed. We have shared that we are taking precautions for our staff's and our patients' safety. We are here for you if you need us!
YOUR TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT
What is telehealth?
- A telehealth appointment is when you connect with your child's provider using video from your home using a secure and private software application.
- Note: These visits are not recorded.
What does this mean for me and my family?
- You do not have to leave home for the visit.
- You can participate in the appointment via tablet, Smartphone, laptop, etc. using Google Chrome.
- A family can still decide if they prefer an in-person visit. You are NOT required to have a virtual visit and you may request to schedule an in-person visit. However, during this pandemic, some visits will not be scheduled in person.
- A provider may determine a telehealth visit is not appropriate to best care for your child. If that happens, an in-person visit will be scheduled.
How much does the visit cost?
- Northeast Pediatrics accepts all major insurance plans. Typically, the cost for telehealth is the same as an in-person visit. Copay and deductibles still apply to telehealth visits and you may receive a bill for any balance after the appointment.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Our staff member will contact you regarding any upcoming appointments that quality for telehealth and give you further instructions.
- Step 2: Any other appointments booked will be offered telehealth if they qualify and you will be given instructions at that time.