Balzer C. Sandrock, MD, FAAP
Dr. Sandrock was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended the University of New Orleans where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology and a Master’s Degree in Biology. After college he attended Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans. His residency was at Louisiana State University Medical School where he served as Co-chief Resident during his third year.
Dr. Sandrock did a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology Oncology at Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. He stayed on as a Research Scholar and Pediatric Instructor. He then spent one year at East Carolina University in North Carolina as an associate Professor in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
Dr. Sandrock is Board certified in Pediatrics and trained in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. Dr. Sandrock joined Northeast Cincinnati Pediatrics in 1995. He lives in the Cincinnati area with his wife Theresa. He is very active in the lives of his grandchildren, Jordan and Jalen.
- 1975-1979 University of New Orleans, BA, Biology
- 1979-1982 University of New Orleans, Masters, Biology
- 1982-1986 Louisianan State University Medical School, New Orleans, LA
- 1986-1989 Resident, Dept. of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- 1988-1989 Assistant Chief Resident in Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- 1989-1992 Fellow in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- 1986 State of Louisiana
- 1990 State of Ohio
- 1989 American Board of Pediatrics
- 1990 American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- 1989-1995 Numerous Presentations and Abstracts in Hematology/Oncology
- 1992-1993 Research Scholar, Hematology/Oncology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- 1993-1994 Instructor, Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- 1994-1995 Assistant Professor, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Greenville, NC
- 1995 - present Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc.