Ellen Glassmeyer, APRN
Ellen was born and raised in Troy, Ohio. After graduating magna cum laude with a bachelor's in nursing from Wright State University, she moved to Cincinnati to work at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. She enjoyed working with post surgical patients and their families as well as adolescents. Ellen completed her Masters of Science in Nursing and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner education with honors from the University of Cincinnati in 2003. She then worked with the general surgery group at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. She helped establish the role of the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in caring for inpatient surgical patients. While completing her masters program, Ellen worked as a student at NECP, with Cindy Allison and Laurie Freese as her preceptors. She was excited to join the staff at NECP in 2006 as a PNP. She enjoys the continuity of working with families as their children grow and develop.
Ellen lives in Lebanon with her husband and two daughters.
- 1995-1997 University of Dayton
- 1997-2000 Wright State University, BS Nursing, Magna cum Laude, University of Cincinnati
- 2001-2003 Masters of Science in Nursing, University of Cincinnati
- 2000 Ohio Board of Nursing, RN
- 2000 American Red Cross- Professional Rescuer CPR
- 2003 Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- 2003 Certificate of Authority, Ohio Board of Nursing
- 2004 Certificate to Prescribe, Ohio Board of Nursing
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
- Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
- 2000 "Grant Funding for Third Grade Health Education Curriculum Materials," Wright State Univ
- 2003 Co-investigator: Adolescent Nutrition and Exercise: A Comparison of Knowledge and Attitudes before and after a School based Intervention Program, University of Cincinnati
- 2000-2003 Clinical Nurse I, Surgery/Telemetry Unit Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- 2003-2006 PNP, Division of Pediatric and Thoracic Surgery, Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- 2006- present APRN, Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc.